Sanding to bright Aluminum

Knotty
Tin star

Re: Sanding to bright Aluminum

Post by Knotty »

I see many still want to do it like it has always been done. I contacted a rep for this company and NO primer is needed but you can put one on if you want. But, all existing hull anti foul paint needs to be removed. I’m going to use this and an ultrasonic anti fouling to save from the monthly hull cleaning in the brackish Florida water at the marina. For what I’ve been paying every month it will pay for its self within a year and the paint should last much longer.
1988 37’ Double Cabin at marina in Port St Luci, Fl. Castle K now, will soon be “Margarita Money”….
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

Concerning that slippery coating, I wrote: "That stuff sounds good enough for me to try it on my kayak."

Scott (nice fellow and a kayaker) replied that the plastic surface of a kayak won't hold paint. Oh well...

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

Ultrasonic??? What does that mean?
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Knotty
Tin star

Post by Knotty »

1988 37’ Double Cabin at marina in Port St Luci, Fl. Castle K now, will soon be “Margarita Money”….
Knotty
Tin star

Post by Knotty »

https://www.hullshield.net/
This one will be easier to get to.
jralbert
Site Admin

Post by jralbert »

appears to be new take on an old tech. Can't remember what it was called. Well advertised, saw them at boat shows and then they disappeared. They appear to claim that by sending out certain sound frequencies, barnacles and the like will be repelled. And that it's a secret no one wants us to know about. Hmmm.....
Well, please give an update periodically after its applied.
-joel-
former owner 1988 '32 FB Sedan
Chesapeake Bay
twin 318 / 240 hp
Potomac MD
Knotty
Tin star

Post by Knotty »

It’ll be a bit, those need to go down on a freshly painted hull, that’ll be done and everything needed on the dry.