Boat on ebay

Things that are of general interest.
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Boat on ebay

Post by javalin390 »

Wow, was trolling through ebay and there's a couple M's for sale. One is an interesting 1964 31' with twin Buicks ! Starting bid is $5,500, looks decent. The other is, what I believe to be, one of only two Marinette power catamarans. The reason I say one of two is because one of them, named Lay-Z-Bonz, of Louisville Ky, was listed for sale some time back, and the ad states that it is one of the two. Is this true? The one on ebay is the hull only, completely stripped, appears to have no paint, trim, interior, or glass, and the seller states that the engines are also missing. It's a 1962, as was Lay-Z-Bonz. Could this thing be worth any money being completely a bare shell? Sounds like an interesting piece of history. ebay item number is 272012093523. Check it out !!
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Re: Boat on ebay

Post by balthaus »

The former Lazy Bones is still here in Louisville! There is another 41' Marinette Cat in Frankfort KY, and Sorry Dog had a 70' Marinette cat. I have seen that hull on eBay off and on for the past several years.
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
1.52:1 Velvet Drives
Raw water cooled
Ohio River
balthaus
Aluminum Star

Re: Boat on ebay

Post by balthaus »

I think that the price on that hull has gone up 1K since the first time I saw it.
From what I remember the former Lazy Bones asking price was around 46K to 50K.
I believe that completely re-outfitting that hull would far exceed that price. Teak or Mahogany alone might run .....???....LOTS O' $
1984 32' Sedan FB
Twin Chrysler 360's
1.52:1 Velvet Drives
Raw water cooled
Ohio River