Page 1 of 1

paint

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm
by ddependo
Question for Mike Ray. Years ago you tried Rust-oleum marine paint on a 26 0r 28 I think.
How did it last?
Wayne

Re: paint

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:36 am
by MetalHead
Wayne, I got your email. I want to try to get out there this week and wash the bow to see how well its held up. I'll try to get some pictures for you.

Re: paint

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:14 pm
by Tuggle
Painted mine with Rust-oleum Topside, three years later holding up well.

Re: paint

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:25 am
by Fastjeff
Using Rust-oleum? Don't laugh; that's a great product that I've used for years.

Jeff

Re: paint

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:22 am
by ddependo
Thank you captains. I've learned to be cheap from Fast Jeff.
Sounds like the way to go for me.
Wayne

Re: paint

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:57 pm
by chibcc129
Looking to get top and hull painted on my 1988 express hardtop. I'm in Muskegon, Mi. Anyone know a place that does this?
Thanks.

Re: paint

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:32 pm
by Fastjeff
.." I've learned to be cheap from Fast Jeff."

Thrifty! Thrifty!

Jeff

Re: paint

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:42 am
by bcassedy
>>> ... Thrifty! Thrifty!

"You say 'to - mah - to'.....
I say 'to - mae - to' ... "
:lol:

Bill

Re: paint

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:30 am
by Fastjeff
Yeah; 13 of one, a baker's dozen of another....

Jeff

Re: paint

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 9:35 pm
by honestcharlie56
Did we ever get an update on the Rustoleum Top Side? I used some on my swim platform and then used some for my boot stripe. Swim platform held up just fine and boot stripe did mostly good. Both applications suffered from the same application misery, the paint does no like going on thick.....so your relegated to multiple very thin applications. This boils down to more clean up, longer project duration, etc. Quite honestly, not a big deal at all....just an observation. I ended up using PPG for the hull eventually and very happy with that result. Before that, the Rustoleum topside blue that I used for the boot stripe would not hold up around the bow area. Totally understandable and not hating on Rustoleum at all.