1981 37' Marinette Flybridge Parts

FARJR
New poster

1981 37' Marinette Flybridge Parts

Post by FARJR »

I have many parts for this model including newly rebuilt Chrysler M360's, glass, moldings, I believe all hand rails, ladder to flybridge, refinished interior cabinets and many many more parts in boxes to mention. If you are looking for something let me know and Ill see if its there.
javalin390
Royal Aluminum Star

Re: 1981 37' Marinette Flybridge Parts

Post by javalin390 »

Holy cow ! If you don't mind me asking, why are you parting it out? I have a 37' also. I may be interested in some items, just sad to see a Big M parted out. I remember seeing a 37' that had sunk, at the dock (she had the hull painted dark blue), that was eventually stripped (if you google marinette boats, then click on images, you kind of get a chronological picture history of her demise). The completely stripped hull was later seen on ebay for sale and then the internet trail ended there. Never saw if she sold or was scrapped. Is this that boat? Would like to know more !
Jim Elias
1974 37' SedanFlybridge
Twin 360 Chryslers.
Marblehead, Ohio
FARJR
New poster

Post by FARJR »

No, I got the project in about 18yrs ago and the owners passed after the 2008 crash. Had agreement to buy the project off the only heir but he never followed thru and all contact was list. Tried getting boat in my name but Ill wont work with me cause she is documented....so I tried the document office and eventially got someone that said there is a lien on the boat and we cant give you anymore information because I wasnt on the title....so the recommended scraping it. I am sitting next to her as we speak contimplating ny next move. Being in the restoration business most my lufe do it real estate or whatever I dont have the heart to scrape her but she has taken up way to much space to hold her any longer. Thus me throwing it out on the forum.....
FARJR
New poster

Post by FARJR »

Id attach a pic but dont see where to do that
Rockit
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockit »

Help! I'm lost. You'd have to own the boat to scrap it--or are you saying you need $$ to pay the lien?

This is a good place for help, so please post some details.

Is it a sedan or a double cabin?

If the boat can be sold, where is it and what shape is it in? Has the boat been idle for 18 years? Where was it stored? On the hard, in the water?

I'm sure someone on this forum can tell you how to post pictures.

You've come to the right place so on behalf of Marinette lovers, thank you for your efforts.
Joe Napoli
1977 28' Express
Twin raw water cooled 318s
Beaver River--near mile 25 on the Ohio
FARJR
New poster

Post by FARJR »

I can scrap it just because no one has claimed it, past due storage fees, etc

It is a Sedan and has always been kept in my heated shop. The story is owners bought her and took her out a few times....then brought her home and the 2 of them stripped the boat of everything including paint......she is sitting in bare aluminum......most everything is there but shafts and props....I dont think original fuel tanks are there he made up new ones that were twice the size because he wanted to go to the Bahamas.

As I said its a Documented boat and the US Document office told me to scrap it because there is a lien on it and I can't do znything about it.
Attachments
1981 37' Sedan
1981 37' Sedan
Fastjeff
Site Admin

Post by Fastjeff »

That's a damn shame!

Jeff
"We live at the bottom of an ocean of air, not at the top." General Marvage Slatington
liquidplummer
Tin star

Post by liquidplummer »

I would be interested in the starboard engine and velvet drive.
Where are you located?
Silver Queen St Louis Mo
1982 37 ft flybridge sedan twin 360 chryslers 1.91 velvet drives
Rockit
Aluminum Star

Post by Rockit »

Jeff is right. So sorry to see that.
Joe Napoli
1977 28' Express
Twin raw water cooled 318s
Beaver River--near mile 25 on the Ohio